Cleaning Tips For A Pet-Friendly Home
Nothing makes our pets happier than rushing around outside, gnawing and playing with practically anything that moves, picking up bacteria along the way. That's why it's critical to take a few precautions to guarantee they won’t bring bacteria into your home by accident. Using a liquid handwash before touching infants after you have been with your pet tops the list. You also want to make sure that the cleaning products you use in your house are safe to use around pets; read and follow product labels carefully. Depending on the product, we advise customers to wait a long time before allowing their pets to return to sterilized areas, or to properly rinse the areas after usage. When unsure about the health of your pet, it’s always a good idea to use liquid hand wash, so that no transmission of germs takes place.
Is It Possible For Bacteria To Spread From My Pet?
Bacteria carried by pets, such as salmonella and staphylococcus, can be transmitted to humans via contact with them. By minimizing the danger, excellent hygiene can nevertheless assist to safeguard the entire family. Post hand wash sanitizer should be used to minimize the risk of germs transmission.
Top Suggestions For A Healthy Pet-friendly Household
Follow these basic hygiene tips to keep your family safe.
For Healthy Hands
- After stroking or playing with pets, their toys, leads or leashes, cages, blankets, bedding, and other items, wash your hands for 30 seconds to a minute. If you live in a joint family with pets, then it’s a good idea to have refillable hand wash so that the protection is maintained at all times.
- Before preparing or serving meals, wash your hands.
- Encourage kids to wash their hands before eating, especially if they've been around dogs. If travelling, then foaming handwash can also be used alternatively.
Kitchen Surfaces And Pets
- It's crucial not to let pets climb on surfaces where food is prepared or served, as their paws or fur can transmit bacteria and grime. Cats' inquisitive nature means they can't help but explore every nook and cranny of your house. When no one is looking, even "off-limit" areas like kitchen counters are visited. For best results try to use antibacterial hand wash instead of a regular one.
- To be safe, use an antibacterial agent to spray or clean countertops and food areas before preparing and serving meals. Buy antibacterial hand wash online and gift your family a safe space at home.
- Special attention should be paid to entryways and floors used by pets coming in from the outdoors, as well as litterbox locations.
- Bacteria and dirt can be tracked in by muddy paws. If possible, keep a spare towel by the door to wipe your dog's feet.
- Clean and disinfect flooring in busy pet entryways and near litter boxes on a regular basis.
- Keeping litter boxes out of reach of curious children is a good idea.
- Look for pet beds with removable covers and wash pet bedding on a regular basis when purchasing.
- To kill bacteria, use Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Sanitiser.
- If your pets sleep in your or your children's beds, ensure sure the bed sheets are washed and disinfected on a regular basis.
Tips For Cleaning Safely
- When cleaning locations where pets congregate, avoid strong chemicals and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- When cleaning floors, make sure they are completely dry and washed before allowing pets to walk on them.
- Avoid in-the-bowl toilet cleaners or keep the lid locked if your dog is prone to drinking from the toilet.
- To minimize accidental consumption, keep cleaning supplies carefully kept in cupboards with tight-fitting caps. Using liquid handwash is a safe way to go. You can always find hand wash liquid online for purchase.
- Cleaning pet cages and fish tanks in the kitchen sink is not a good idea. If possible, clean the outside with a pail of hot, soapy water or a pet-friendly detergent.
Taking care of the home and making it pet-friendly is extremely important to ensure the safety of everyone in the family. To know more about hand wash liquid price, explore Healthyhome and find out more about personal care & home care products.